Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"Whistle While You Work"




I ordered this system I saw on 17 Kids and Counting and I just really at down tonight and used the software and printed out the chore packs. Here is the starting list I am using for 2 weeks. After that I will add one new chore every 2 weeks until the kids are doing their chores without complaining. They will not get allowance, well, I think the spending I do on them already is enough! HA! They both got $30 Crocs out of me today, I think an allowance would be a cut in pay for them. ;o)




Here is their list that I printed cards out for and placed them in little plastic sleeved chore packs. Cash's have pictures instead of words. The kids get their pack each morning and afternoon and do the following things. This may seem silly to some, but if I can get the kids to do these simple things without me on them 24/7 I will be SO thrilled and proud of them! ;o)

Chore Checklist
Name:Taylor (10)
Name:Cash (3)
CP: Daily
CP: Daily
Morning
Get Dressed/Girl
Get Dressed/Boy
Put Pajamas/Nightgown Away (C)
Put Pajamas/Nightgown Away (T)
Make Bed (T)
Brush Hair (T)
Brush Teeth (T)
Brush Teeth (C)
Brush Hair (C)
Evening
Bath or Shower (T)
Set Table/Supper (T)
Brush Hair (T)
Pick Up Bedroom (C)
Pick Up Bedroom (T)
Bath or Shower (C)
Pick Up Family Room (T)
Brush Hair (C)
Brush Teeth (C)
Brush Teeth (T)
Bible Reading/Prayer (C)
Bible Reading/Prayer (T)



Managers of Their Chores

2 comments:

  1. Love this! My boys would be the perfect age for doing this stuff - I need to get this book ordered!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, they would be perfect Heather and you add on the "online" support software program once you get it (it was only $10) and I LOVED it! I already picked out all the chores I eventually want the kids doing, but I only added a few to their packs. After a few weeks or a month I will add more. Taylor actually made her bed this morning! ;o) Cash walked around with his pack and I helped him put his pjs in the hamper.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!