I plan to blog much more as the holidays are approaching and the semester is winding down for me. Until then please take a moment to hug your little ones and your spouse even closer! My family is my world and we fight hard, play hard and love even harder. Why do I seem to GO GO GO so much? Because I was given the honor of being the mother to Taylor Nicole and Cash Andrew, and the privilege of being Lance Victor's wife. I wouldn't miss a minute of it for the world! LIVE IT, I say, LIVE IT!
I was inspired by a dish I had at my friend Kristie's a few weeks ago and I couldn't stop thinking about it. Then I remembered a Carbonara I had made once from Southern Living's Quick and Easy Weeknight Favorites cookbook, that I decided to make it "My Way". This will SEEM like lots of ingredients, but it was SO much fun to make, my kitchen looked like a war zone and Lance about fell over when he took his first bite. He LOVED it! Said it tasted like something from a gourmet restaurant! You MUST try this at home! ;o)
Ingredients: Angel Hair Pasta 6 strips of bacon One Bag of Frozen Peas Minced Garlic 1 Jalapeno Pepper chopped 1/3 of a green onion bundle chopped 1 cup of mushrooms sliced 1 lemon Extra Virgin Olive Oil 3 Egg Yolks Pepper to Taste
1. Start by frying 6 strips of bacon. (then begin prepping the other things) After the bacon is crispy (not too crispy) set on paper towels to absorb the grease and leave the bottom of the pan with the bacon grease lightly coating it (if you have too much pour it out, you just want a light cover).
2.Begin boiling your Angel Hair Pasta after you have started your bacon.
3. Chop your 1/3 of a green onion, 1 Jalapeno Pepper and cup of mushrooms.
4. Then Whisk together 3 egg yolks and set aside.
5. By this time your bacon should be done and your pan is still hot and on medium heat (don't forget to watch your pasta). Pour into the skillet your mushrooms, jalepeno pepper, green onions, tablespoon (or two) of your minced garlic and half the bag of frozen peas (give or take). Cook until all tender and to your liking.
6. This is the fun part and I am sorry my directions are a bit every where! I don't know how to tell people how I cook! HA! But you drain your pasta (I set half aside for the kids to butter and eat) and the other half I poured into a large bowl. I put the egg yolks in and mixed it all into the pasta. It was sticking a little so I sprinkled a bit of water as I mixed and once the yolks had coated my pasta I threw in all my cooked ingredients (chopped up cooked bacon as well) and poured olive oil in! Just drizzed it all over the pasta and mixed, mixed, mixed! Then I added some pepper on top and squeezed a lemon all over the pasta! (It could of used two lemons, I love lemon). There you go!
It was so good and you can change it into SO many different ways! Shrimp, or chicken, or no meat, or whatever you want! *I used a whole wheat pasta.
Come on in and stay awhile. Click on the "follow" button and stay up to date on the crazy life I lead of decorating, vacations, organic cooking, going to college, kids, marriage, weight loss, friends, family, crafts and above all else, God. Always remember though, that "this is me, then". I change from day to day!
Happily Married to Lance since 1997, SAHM to Taylor (18) and Cash (11). I have an Associates and Bachelors Degree. I taught 3rd grade for two years and I am now homeschooling my son and watching my daughter from afar while she is away at college. This is my life, then!