Thursday, December 31, 2009
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
I just wanted to share some pics with you of all the decorating we did to prepare for some "sparkly" fun!
Sunday, December 27, 2009
This is my door hanger/everyday display from Southern Living at Home.
Hmmmm! What did I do with my Christmas cards this year if I now use this in my bedroom! Check back to find out! That will be answered in Monday nights blog!
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Friday, December 18, 2009
Thursday, December 17, 2009
Then we came home and I helped them make homemade body sugar scrub! They LOVED it! It was easy, fun and very girlie!
All you need are mason jars, filled with one cup sugar, then add one cup of vegetable oil, then one drop of peppermint extract! Stir with a long spoon or fork, then close the lid tight and give it a good shake! AMAZING! It smells so good and works too! Found the idea on a blog I follow and I will NEVER buy sugar scrub again!
Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Saturday, December 12, 2009
- I got the girls out the door and Cash settled in with my mom for the day while she worked in the office and watched him!
- I then picked up my future sister in law (did I tell ya'll my little brother is getting married in April and I am the Matron of Honor? Well, I am!) and we went to look at wedding dresses!
- WE FOUND IT! Its gorgeous and TOP SECRET!
- Then we had a great lunch at a little sandwich shop.
- Came home and made Taco Bake for dinner (see recipe in previous post).
- Settled in with my hubby to watch some TV and really just veg out for the night! OH and celebrate me passing College Algebra! WOOHOO!
Thursday, December 10, 2009
I grabbed the kids chocolate letters that "Sinterklaas" leaves in their wooden shoes if they are good.
My father, the kids Opa, was born in Indonesia to an Indonesian mother and a Dutch father. He moved to Holland when he was a baby and lived there until he was 8. He remembers the magic of Christmas and how he filled his wooden shoes with hay and left them outside his door for the reindeer to eat and you either had a shoe full of coal or your initial made of chocolate.
Traditions are wonderful! Find one in your background and start it up again!
*I also loaded up on the most amazing chocolates for the kids stockings! Dutch chocolate taste like milk. Its wonderful!
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
With that said here is a glimpse of Day 9, Of Me Then!
- Got the girls to school
- Camped Out in the house all day long CLEANING so the cleaning lady could come! I am very blessed to have an amazing lady come every other week.
- Made a Mexican Lasagna! (sorry I forgot to take pics, I am horrible at loading pics lately)
- Shut it down around 4:00 so I could start getting ready for a Christmas party.
- Had a FANTASTIC time at the party and got an AWESOME gift from my secret sister (which happened to be my best friend)!
- Came home and fell out on the bed to go to sleep!
See, I told you my life can be pretty boring!
This is Me, Then!
***Ok, Leave me a comment with a run-down of your day! I want to see what all of you are doing out there!
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
- My day consisted of the normal Monday morning running!
- Me and the kids all had school.
- Then met hubby for a Burrito Queso. OLE'
- Grocery shopping.
- Home to begin all the cooking!
- HOMEWORK HOMEWORK HOMEWORK!
- Daddy took care of the kids and the kitchen for me!
- I had a college algebra final and then to bed around 11:00.
Pics are from www.thepioneerwoman.com
Monday, December 7, 2009
Friday, December 4, 2009
- House cleaned
- Kids loaded up and out the door to school
- Quick stop at Arlans for snacks for playdate
- Girls dropped off
- Home to quickly make the meat, cheese and cracker tray and set out drinks
- Cash's best bud arrives and we have an eventful playdate
- Over around 11:00, I leave Cash here with my mom and I go and do some Christmas shopping (she works in our home office once a week)
- Stop by Heather's to talk about her living room furniture setup for the holidays
- Back home by 3:00 to load Cash up
- Pick Taylor up
- Head to the Dollar Tree and CiCi's for dinner
- Home by 5:30ish
- I sit on my bottom in the den checking messages on my cell and just vegging
- Everyone bathed and in bed by 9:30ish
- Oh, and helped Tay complete her Music project and submitted Avon orders!
A busy but uneventful day!
Thursday, December 3, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
This is the very day we told our families we were pregnant!