Monday, January 25, 2010

Day 30 of Me, Then. We need a recipe!


This is going to be a "random" set of pics because I get so overwhelmed when I share recipes with you all that I forget to take pics!  HA!
I thought we needed a recipe!  It's been FREEZING in Texas this January so I wanted to try a "new" roast recipe! 
Meet the Cast:
  • I can of Golden Mushroom Soup
  • I can of French Onion Soup
  • Sliced carrots, onions and celery (amount of your choice) as you can see I chose presliced!
  • a roast of course (also of your choice)
  • 5 red potatoes cut in half
  • 1/2 cup of water

Place the cooker on high and put the potatoes in.


Then add the veggies.

Set that hunk of meat right on top!  I salt and peppered it!


Then in a seperate bowl stir together the two soups and 1/2 cup of water.

Pour the entire mixture over the top and leave it on high for 1 hour,
 place it on low for 6-7+ hours.

And here is my "random" recipe!  I forgot to take after pics!  But I will tell you this is from Southern Living's Busy Mom's Cookbook and it was to die for!  I made a pot of rice and my family dove in and never came up for air!  We loved it!

This is Me, Then!

1 comment:

  1. That sounds pretty good. I stink at roasts...they always turn out too dry, even in my crockpot...not sure why. I will give this one a whirl though, thanks for posting it.
    And did I miss the fish taco post?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!