Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day 17 of Me, Then! YUMMY green surprise!

My husband and I, LOVE to cook! Lance has always been a grilling man, and I put food on the table, but I don't do many "recipes". I usually do a meat, vegetable and a starch. SIMPLE SIMPLE SIMPLE! No sauces, no seasonings besides salt, pepper and maybe season salt!
Oh, the times have changed!
On this day of Me, Then. We did the Pioneer Woman's simple Pinto Beans.
  1. rinse the beans off
  2. cover them with water (about 1-2 inches above them with water)
  3. dice 4 slices of thick bacon and toss them in.
  4. Bring to a boil and then cover and simmer for 3 hours.
  5. Then add a tablespoon of Fiesta Pinto Bean Seasonings and let it go another hour.
  6. YUMMY! Salt to taste and I made some store bought cornbread.






"ain't she so perdy and shiny"
I didn't even use my mixer for this meal, but she was just looking at me the entire time so I had to take her pic!
Then we made grilled corn and a scallion vinaigrette. OMG! It was divine! Here is the link! Its too much to explain, but Bobby Flay knows what he is doing!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/grilled-corn-sheets-with-scallion-vinaigrette-recipe/index.html

(tip, soak the corn in water for at least an hour before you put them on the grill. It helps with burning.)

(tip. Buy yourself a good bowl with a handle and mouth. It makes pouring batters, or any mixes SO much easier! Trust me!)

My hubby added some DJ's Original Boudain and OH MY! It is wonderful with the beans and corn!

(tip. When grilling boudain coat them first with cooking oil, it helps with burning and sticking to your grill)




Pioneer Woman meets Bobby Flay meets
Julie and Lance!
This is Me, Then! I change day to day!

3 comments:

  1. what a yummy meal! ya can't go wrong when you are working with bobby flay AND pw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog Julie! Don't ever stop!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that vinagrette was amazing!! So glad I got to try a sample!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!