Friday, June 5, 2009

Lance is my own personal chef!

Some of you have had the pleasure of Lance's grilling skills. Well, he keeps on trying new things and it just keeps getting better! I brought home a Food Network magazine and today he looked through it and found this recipe for a little "fun" to pour over our steaks. I didn't take any pics because I was unsure if he could even nail it the first time out, and "oh boy" did he ever! It was divine! Here is the recipe for a Balsamic Sauce you pour over your steak of choice. We did it exactly as it directs except we left out the sugar and next time, for two people, you can easily half this recipe.
To make the sauce, simmer 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar, 2/3 cup ketchup, 1/4 cup honey, 2 sliced shallots, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon dijon mustard, 1/4 teaspoon allspice, and salt, pepper and sugar to taste until thickened, about 15 minutes. Strain, then whisk in some butter.

*we chose to place our New York Strips over a bed of brown rice with a fresh corn on the cob hot off the grill! Then you pour the sauce on top.

Enjoy, I know I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!