Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ever Heard of a Butter Bell?

Ever Heard of a Butter Bell?
My friend Heather and I have jumped into this "organic" way of living head first and let me tell you something!  Real butter does not spread easily!  HA!
So I let the butter get soft enough to place in the lid.
Then I added 1/3 cup of cool water into the large crock pot.
(you replace the cool water every 3 days)
Here is a diagram to help you people out there like me that had NO CLUE how this worked!
And there you have it!  I will have fresh, spreadable butter ANY TIME I WANT!
yes, it stays on your counter! 
Here is some info I found on it:

How does it work?

According to the manufacturer, the butter is protected by an airtight seal of water at the base of the crock. As you can see in the diagram, the butter goes in top half and sits in the bottom half that contains 1/3 cup of water. Not only does the crock keep the butter at the perfect "spreading" consistency by insulating and keeping the butter cool, it is designed to enhance the flavor and freshness. I'm not sure how it enhances the flavor, but it does prevent the butter from picking up bad flavors and odors from other stuff in your refrigerator.

These "Butter Bells®" come in all sorts of sizes and styles to fit the look of your kitchen. They are made from a durable, high quality stoneware and are dishwasher safe. Be sure to follow the helpful hints that come with the crock like washing it thoroughly before adding new butter.
I LOVE MINE!  Thanks Heather!
yes, that's my pantry and yes, I will blogging the BIG reveal tomorrow of its EXTREME MAKEOVER!  HA!

3 comments:

  1. Aww!! Yay! Your welcome!! I love mine too! I put it on the table at dinner tonight and we used it! Very cool! I have wanted one for YEARS - don't know why it took me this long to actually get it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Good grief your pantry is a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just about everybody in Germany had these but I never bought one. I think I will try to track one down because we MUCH prefer the taste of real butter but it is VERY hard to spread!! Can't wait to see the after pic of your pantry...

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!