Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Happy Homemaker Wednesday!

The weather in my neck of the woods:

GROSS!  ha!  Got to 70 today and its very overcast and blah.

Things that make me happy:

Doing 10 loads of laundry today at the laundry mat.  Our dryer is broken and I needed to catch up and it feels SO GOOD to have all these clothes done at once!

Book I'm reading:

Absolutely nothing

What's on my TV today:

Not much lately but I am trying to catch the new OWN channel anytime i can!

On the menu for dinner:

Salad, deerburger steaks w a mushroom gravy (aka cream of mushroom soup), whole wheat penne pasta and fresh tea.

On my To Do List:

Take the Christmas decorations down and the tree!  urgh!

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:

I want to make a Julia Child recipe.

In the craft basket:

Going to a scrapbooking retreat this weekend.  I go to one twice a year and it gives me a much needed "short" break from life!

Looking forward to this week:

Getting away!

Tips and Tricks:

Give your home a quick straightening before bedtime, things like empty glasses or bowls or whatever laying around, just take them to the sink, even if you don't get to them that evening, it will make clean up easier in the morning and you won't have to wake up to a disaster house.

My favorite blog post this week:

?
Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):

?

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):


*apple nachos!  SO GOOD!

This is Me, Then.



2 comments:

  1. Ok I want to know how to make apple nachos! Also - I'm obsessed with OWN as well and I saw the cooks trying to do Julia Child - but I'm going to leave that to you! I would like the cookbook though just as a decorative item - lol. I need to blog - your post inspired me. Congrats on the laundry!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve reading with full of interest. He’s certainly raised my awareness.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!