Sunday, February 26, 2012

What is Important to You?

I don't know about all of you but the three people I share a home with are the most important things in the world to me.  Every move I make, every breath I take, is for them.  When you take the vow of marriage it is forever, so make sure you marry your best friend.  When you decide to become a parent, now that's truly forever.  Some parents say they are done when their kid turns 18. Not me, I am going to parent these two from beyond this world!  They are stuck with me forever.  I am going to be there for them through thick and thin. I am going to fight for them. I am going hurt for them. I am going to keep this family together no matter what.  My son tells me he hates his sister, I am going to say, "Ok, let's go over there and tell her you hate her.  Now be ready, she's gonna tell you she hates you too, no one is perfect and we are gonna kick and scream until you two make up. Or I'm going to call you every day until you make up". Then one day it going to happen again, and I will fix it again.  I fight for my children, I listen to them. I let them beat me to pieces and I get right back up because I am their mother.  They do no wrong in my eyes and I never love or choose one over the other.  If one is hurting I ask him what I can do to fix it and I do it.  Will it work, who knows, but they know I tried!   As parents we must also remember our words are like daggers.  Your kids can tell you how horrible you are a million times and you still love them. But if a parent is negative or hurtful towards their child it cuts like a knife.  You can never get that piece of their heart back.  They will keep it hidden forever. 

Then those grand babies!  I can't wait to be sitting on the sidelines at all those t-ball games or dance recitals with my grandma tshirt on begging my children and their spouses to let me have those babies for the night or the week!  I will make my home so inviting and have a room set up for them so they want to be there.  Not, so stuffy and unkid-friendly that no one wants to come over!  I will get my teaching degree so I can be with my kids and grand kids any time they need me and more.  I will fly, drive, walk or crawl to them.  They will have to beat me away with a stick!  And if my son or daughter in law don't like me I will find out why and fix it!  I will do anything for my children and I won't miss a thing! 

Being a mother is the most important thing in the world to me. 
What is important to you?

This is Me, Then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!